Yes. Yes it is.


Friday, October 08, 2010

Another one? Go on then.


Another image from the early stages of the Identity assignment.
This is Anita.
She has 5 children, so I wondered if she still thinks she is the same person she was before becoming a mother...
I preferred the effect of the diffused light from the window in this image, and the captured movement of the excitable children in the foreground.
This was only my second shoot and I ended up taking one of my favourite shots of the whole assignment, and it made me change the direction of my work.

The image of the two girls, Rowen and Elinor, made me stop thinking about a mother's loss of identity, but instead at the formation of a child's identity and I began to question when they become conscious of their appearance in front of the camera.
This shaped the rest of the work for my final assignment and became the subject of my dissertation.

These were shot on my Yashica 124 using Fuji 160s medium format film.

No comments:

Post a Comment